I have so much love for this mascara! I do not know where my lashes would be without it! I especially love the waterproof formula. So let’s talk about both formulas.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
It makes my lashes super dark and voluminous.
Holds curls ok.
If you try to build it up to much it looks clumpy.
After a while of using the mascara the formula does dry up a bit but you can easily refresh it by placing it in a cup filled with hot water. Leave it for around 5 to 10 minutes and once again it’s a creamy, smooth formula.
Since it does dry up, it leaves some flakes on your skin.
Throughout the day I have black residue on my under eye area.
Overall this formula is not my favorite, yes I like it but the waterproof formula is waaaaaay better! I was never a fan of waterproof mascaras because they would never hold curl and they didn’t make my lashes stand out. But this mascara has made me change that!
Too Faced Better Than Sex ‘Waterproof’ Mascara
Makes my lashes dark and voluminous.
Holds the curl ALL DAY!
Does not leave any residue or flakes.
Yes, it’s hard and annoying to remove but it’s ok cuz my lashes looked great!
The formula does dry up but again, it becomes smooth and creamy again by placing it in hot water for 5 – 10 minutes.
It does get clumpy if you try to apply more than two layers so be careful.
Like any product, it’s never 100% perfect but this mascara has seriously been my favorite throughout the year.
A couple weeks back we took our first ever family vacation to Hawaii! It was planned last minute and I was so nervous to take such a long trip with my then 7 month old. It’s a 6 hour flight to Honolulu and my baby girl does NOT know how to stay still for 3 minutes. Let me tell you, Charlize did great on both flights. She was such a trooper and everyone loved her. I want to share some ‘tips’ with you all when it comes to traveling with a baby, of course I’m no expert but I hope you find something helpful here!
Hace algunas semanas fuimos a nuestro primer viaje familiar en Hawaii! Lo planeamos unos dias antes de salir asi que estaba super nerviosa por el viaje. Son 6 horas para Honolulu y mi bebe no sabe estar quieta 3 minutos jaja. Dejame les digo que Charlize se porto excelente en los dos vuelos. Se porto tan bien y todos en el avion se enamoraron de ella. Quiero compartir con ustedes algunos ‘tips’ que aprendi en este viaje, claro no soy la mama experta pero espero que encuentren algo que les ayude aqui!
1. Try to fly close to baby’s bedtime. We traveled at 7:30 pm and her bedtime is at 9 so she was pretty tired by the time we got on the plane, she was out by 8. She slept the entire flight! On the way back home we flew past midday and she slept half of the flight and was wide awake for the other half. I’m definitely booking future flights near baby’s bedtime.
2. Take a pillow. Not for you but for baby! Baby girl likes to stretch when she’s asleep so it was hard for her to get comfy while sleeping. A king size pillow would have been so helpful for her to lay on. If you don’t use it, stick it in the cabin above.
3. Get aisle seats! On the way to Hawaii we got window and middle seats and boy did that suck! The seats on the plane had no leg room and then being stuck inside just made it worse. Good thing she slept for that entire flight. On the way back home we got aisle and middle seats and it was such a difference because baby felt a little less locked in and it made it easier to get up and move around with her. Which brings me to my next point…
4. Don’t be afraid to take over the aisle. I swear my baby hates being confined in tight areas. When I noticed her starting to get fussy I would take a quick stroll up the aisle just so she could relax a little and stretch her little body.
5. Take new toys and some old favorites. I made sure to take her two new toys and three of her favorites. The new ones entertained her for quite a while, so it’s always good to have something never before seen by baby in your bag.
6. Snacks!! Puffs, crackers, yogurt bites, chips, fruit! Food is a great way to entertain a fussy baby.
7. Take comfy clothing (for both baby and mommy). Make sure baby is wearing something comfy, something easy to take off during diaper change, something that’s not too hot but it keeps baby warm if cold. For mommy just take something comfy and easy to handle because you never know what could happen with a baby so just be comfy (I wore my comfiest jeans, a comfy plain tshirt, and comfy sneakers that came off as soon as baby knocked out).
8. Take a baby carrier. My ergo baby was a life saver when it came to getting around the airport, on the plane, and off the plane. Baby slept in it and just chilled when she was awake.
These are some things that helped on our very first vacation together. Let me know in the comments if you have any must try tips and I’ll give them a go 🙂 Safe travels mommy!
Skirts are my favorite pieces to wear during the fall here in California. It’s not yet cold and it’s not so hot so a skirt fits perfectly. Here are some skirts that are on my wishlist and hopefully soon in my closet!
I’m loving this blue dress I got from Lulu’s! I have never shopped there before and I loved it! The shipping was fast and it’s also easy to make returns if necessary. I will definitely be doing more shopping there! This dress is perfect for this hot weather and well for any occasion as well! And since I’m talking about my new favorite blue dress, here are some other dresses in many shades of blue 😉
I didn’t have many bottles when I gave birth to Charlize because I was so sure I was going to be breastfeeding her instantly but life took a turn and I definitely needed bottles. Luckily, Charlize liked the only 4 bottles I had for her, these Dr. Brown bottles are still her favorite to this day. However, I did find that these bottles are sometime annoying when on the go. They have the insert that releases air, it sometimes falls when you’re on the go and have no where to place it while preparing the bottle, and also when you shake the bottle to mix the formula, it makes a mess inside the cap. We then went ahead and bought some Tommee Tippee bottles when she was around 2 months and she didn’t really like those until around 4 months. Now at 7 months she really enjoys them and she also has an easy time holding those up. The last bottles we bought were these by Avent. I love that these come in a cute pink color and they are easy to clean and to assemble (I completely disassemble all my bottles to get it super clean). The only other bottles we tried were Medela and she completely dislikes those to this day. Currently trying to get her to take a sippy cup so I’ll update you on that later.
Cuando Charlize nacio yo tenia 4 biberones en casa, 4 biberones que no pensaba usar porque yo estaba segura de que iba a dar pecho en cuanto naciera, desafortunadamente no fue así y resulto que si necesitaba los 4 biberones. Gracias a Dios a ella le gusto estos biberones que son de Dr. Brown y a mi tambien me gustaron pero en cuanto tuve salir con la bebe ya no me gustaron tanto. Estos biberones tienes piezas digamos extras y cuando es tiempo de preparar el biberon en veces se que caían o de plano se me perdian y ahi decidi que era tiempo de buscar otros biberones. Compre unos biberones de Tommee Tippee y a Charlize no le gustaron como hasta los 4 meses y hasta ahorita es el que mas nos gusta. Tambien tenemos estas de Avent y a mi me gustan porque son facil de limpiar y de armar porque yo siempre desarmo los biberones para que esten super limpios.
This foundation has been such a lifesaver! I got it because Melissa Alatorre on Youtube mentioned it quite a bit and I decided to give it a go. Best decision ever! It’s so easy to use and very convenient when you’re a mommy carrying your little one while getting ready. I can’t be the only one that has mastered putting on a full face of makeup with one hand.
This foundations coverage is very light and can be built to a medium coverage. I use it on an everyday basis and it lasts most of the day, I say most because it can wear off depending on how active your day is.
Use your beauty blender instead of the sponge. It’s a bit more sanitary and easier to blend
When you feel like your not picking up a lot of product anymore, flip the sponge over and continue to use.
There are many things I want to do with my life and lately I haven’t found the energy to get up and do it. I love writing, I love reading, I love photography, videography, traveling….there’s just a lot of things that make me happy. Becoming a mom has been one of the most amazing things that could happen to me. I will say though that it has also been kinda tiring. Nope, I’m not complaining but being a full time mommy is pretty draining. I love giving my baby 100% of me and my time but there’s also that though of “what about me?”. Today I decided that I want to give myself a couple hours in the day (while baby is napping) to just do something that makes ME happy and smile. So, I guess I’m back!
I have a thing for orange clothing. There are not many bright colors I think go well with my skin tone but orange is one of my favorites. It makes most skin tones pop! It being summer, it’s the best time to bring out your favorite orange top or dress and get ready for a fun night out! Here are some of my favorite orange pieces at the moment, hope you find something you like.
Tengo un lugar especial en mi closet para la ropa de color naranja. No hay muchos colores brillantes que siento vayan bien con mi tono de piel pero el naranja definitivamente es mi favorito. Hace resaltar a casi todo tono de piel! Y bueno, como es el verano, es el mejor tiempo para sacar tu favorita blusa naranja o tal vez vestido y salir con unas amigas o tu pareja para disfrutar la temporada. Aqui les dejo unas piezas que me estan gustando, espero encuentren algo que les guste.